Save time and let us provide you with verified contacts
Choice of Suppliers
Unable to load data please wait or retry...
1956 This is how everything began. Our success history began during the time of the German economic miracle, when many entrepreneurs with a lot of courage and energy made the economy boom. On January 1st, 1956, the brothers Günter and Werner Böhmer founded the Maschinenfabrik Werner Böhmer GmbH. It all started with the idea of designing and manufacturing a safety shutdown valve for the mining industry. The 1960's A company develops. The durability of BÖHMER ball valves in the mining industry ensured our young company a secure basis for the further development of our products. Word got around that the quality and safety of our valves distinguished them from other valve systems. This led to requests for us to develop specialized valves for hydraulics, gas and district heating. The technical superiority and the high quality standard were already the cornerstone for our position as one of the leading valve manufacturers. The 1970's Growth and Progress 20 years after its foundation, Werner Böhmer Maschinenfabrik became a well-established address in the valve industry. The BÖHMER name was now well-known, far beyond Germany's borders. Thanks to this success, it soon became too cramped in the factory building. More production space was needed. In 1976, after 18 months of construction, the factory buildings 2 and 3 and a new administration building went into operation. By this time, the total number of employees had reached 150. The 1980's A new generation The success story of the company continued in the 1980’s. A changing of the guard was approaching. After successfully completing his university education, Thomas Böhmer took over the business from his father. In 1983 and 1989 production facilities were expanded again. In addition to a further assembly shop and an additional shop for test stations, a fully automatic high-rise warehouse was put into operation.